Tuesday, October 28, 2008

HOW MUCH JAPANESE?

People ask me if they should try to learn Japanese before they come. It helps. I have travelled to many countries, and I have done well with the versions of 'excuse me (I need attention)', sorry, please, thank you, numbers to 100, how much is it, and where's the bathroom? I can shop and eat with that much info.

A GREAT list you can print from your own computer is found at: www.cfay.navy.mil/ On the right hand side, under Quick Links is one for FFSC. This is Fleet and Family Support Center. When you go to that link, at the top is Maps and Directions (who knew this is where it would be). Under W for words for survival is a pdf that you can quickly print and start looking through.

PLEASE read to the bottom, where it tells you how to pronounce 'romanji' or the English style written Japanese.

Remember to speak slowly and clearly because of your hip American accent!!! :)

Under E is an eating guide that I also highly recommend to print out!

No comments: