Wednesday, October 29, 2008

ELECTRICITY

Japanese electricity is 100 volts/50 cycles. Okay, all I really understand is that if normal American power is at 110, and Japanese at 100, then my blender goes slower, and my margaritas are not as well blended, even if I use smaller ice.

Our plug-in alarm clocks from the states did not keep accurate time. We purchased Japanese ones. Luckily, you don't really need to read the instructions to work a simple alarm clock.

Our computers work fine.

Our house electrical outlets are all the 2 plug variety. We purchased our 3-prong to 2-prong adapters at the NEX. And we have power strips to make things work (the Vonage, the computer, the printer, the light, the shredder, the scanner, the cell-phone charger, the camera battery charger, the....) Should I mention that many houses are 30-50 ampheres, only?

If I were coming TDY with a zillion other folks, I'd throw in an adapter, just in case the NEX runs out due to heavy demand.

If you have a sleep machine (my brother calls it his birth control method... it's difficult to find the guy laying next to you in bed sexy if he has this mask strapped to his face), I don't know if they work here, but I imagine they would. I will ask around. You can purchase a power converter for about $100 that will boost the power to make things work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I use a sleep machine and have had no power issues.